Monday, October 6, 2008

We're almost halfway through basic!!

DH gets his C7 this week, he's looking forward to that... and looking forward to seeing how their platoon does this week. They had 5 VRs last week under the increased pressure and higher demands.

I’ve been working on advertising the house for sale… finding places online that I can advertise it for free. Sometime this week I’ll probably make up a flyer, too, that I can post around town. Free first, cheap next, expensive as a last resort :)

C seems much better this morning. They’ve both still got snotty noses, but at least no one is dragging around. Her appetite is much better, too… she’s sitting here eating a snack of fruit loops, applesauce, chocolate pudding, baby cookies and a candy necklace. LOL I’m keeping her home from dance class, though, just because I don't know that she's really better.

C was SO tickled to get a letter of her own today from Daddy. She just held it and looked at it and tried to read it… then took it in to show Grammie. It totally made her day. LOL

I am so looking forward to seeing hubby again… knowing that we’re almost half done this run, and knowing that there’s even a slim chance we can move before the July date I was expecting… I’ve been given a real morale boost this last few days. A very timely one, too, because I was starting to get a little down. Not terribly so, but a bit. Just enough that I was struggling with motivation. Now I’ve got that back and then some. :)

In spite of my fears and moments of negativity, I am recognizing more and more that there can and likely will be several positive changes in us both that will benefit all of us in the long run. This is a time to embrace the good, try to avoid the bad, to learn much and to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment