Thursday, October 2, 2008

It’s pretty dismal here today. Hoping that it does clear up on the weekend, they’re forecasting sun. That will be nice. It’s been wet and/or rainy all week so far except for a little bit of sun on Monday. *sigh*

The 'girl' in me is starting to have a hard time with this separation, with the lack of just having hubby here to make me feel special. Phone calls and letters are nice, but the day to day contact is something I’m starting to really miss. I’m glad I have the kids and the house and stuff to look after, though, because that’s keeping me busy enough that I’m not really having time to dwell on the things I miss. It’s becoming ever more tempting to think about moving to Angus or Alliston while he's in Borden for training after Christmas. I’ve been warned that even if we did live together we still wouldn’t see much of him between classes and study time – but I’m thinking that would be pretty close to what we had before. LOL

Anyway, we’ll just wait and see what happens, I guess. There are still the remaining weeks of basic to get through before we can really think about what we want to do afterward. There are so many “maybes” right now that if I start thinking about them too much they’ll drive me crazy. So mostly I’m not. Mostly I’m just thinking about each day as it comes and doing what needs to be done until bedtime, then doing it all again the next day.


DH has one more milestone under his belt - he passed his first aid course. That's one of the mandatory ones that can get you re-coursed if you don't pass it. So that's one more check-mark. :)

The course is tough, but it will get better. Or if it doesn’t get better, then at least we know that it will be over eventually. It strikes me as just a bit odd that this is a career training path, which generally is something one would be looking forward to, and yet we keep talking about it in terms of how soon it will be over… it’s like all of a sudden he's a masochist and I’m party to it.

I talked to him for a bit last night. Part of their platoon is dragging the rest of them down and not pulling their weight. Stupid stuff like leaving pee on the toilet seat just before an inspection, meaning the four guys who spent an hour cleaning the bathroom all get penalized. Poor quality inspections, etc. As a result the whole platoon is severely limited this week. 20 minute break in the evening, the rest of the time they're to be doing something productive. No electronics. No free weekend this week. etc. etc. etc. He's doing all right with it all but judging by the cursing in the background there are a few who are more than a little upset by it. Hopefully those are the ones who are causing the problem and they'll shape up or ship out. I figure it won't be long before they'll feel the sharp end of the platoon's combined wrath.

I'm just hoping he'll be able to call home this weekend; he doesn't figure on being able to make any other calls this week.


Fall is definitely setting in. It’s windy tonight. And cold. I’ve got a fire going downstairs and the kids tucked in with quilts. I heard that Petawawa had hail today. Not quite snow, but close. It’s still cold and white. Brr.

It was kind of funny… C and I have been talking all along about the progression of events. Daddy will come home for Christmas, then go back to school, and when he's all done school and ready for his new army job then he will come and get us and we’ll move to a new house. Then today she writes about moving to a new house next to his school. Weird. Funny kid, she is. Sometimes it’s almost like she picks up on things before I even say them.

No comments:

Post a Comment