Friday, October 17, 2008

Philippians 2:12-16

Philippians 2:12-13

Work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose.


I am to do my part and to work out, live out, act on and demonstrate my salvation, acting in a manner worthy of Christ. But it is only through God working in my that I will be successful, that I will be able to serve his purpose for my life!

Philippians 2:14-16

Do everything withouth complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life.


Obedience with a poor attitude is not true obedience. Joyful obedience, with no complaining or arguing, will set me apart and make me stand out in the world around me. A reminder of the power of the tongue here as well - complaining and arguing is a common trait among all of us in our day-to-day conversation, but what is the impact of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment