Thursday, September 8, 2011

I am hot.  Really, REALLY hot.  Crazy Alberta weather.  LOL   Seriously, it's over 30 degrees.  But we had frost last week.  No sense at all.

I'm babysitting a two-year-old little girl part time these days, and we've started homeschooling again, so those two things alone are a fairly significant chunk of my day.    I've made some decisions lately about what I spend my time on, and one client has been dealt the ax.  I can't keep up with them anymore, at least not with my sanity intact, so they're out the door.  I've got plenty of other things in the works, though, no question there.

There are plans in the works for a new computer, since my poor abused laptop has been feeling and showing its age a bit.  I can live with the bolted-together lid and the dysfunctional touchpad and the wonky spot on the case where it will make the mouse jump around if I rest my hand there.  I can even deal with the tendency to overheat (bought a lap desk to help with that), and with the slight irregularity in the screen color depending on its angle.  Oh, and the way it forgets the wireless network whenever it reboots, and loses connection with our local network when it gets bored.  But lately it's started randomly restarting Windows, every five to fifteen minutes some days.  That is kind of the proverbial straw for me.  So I'm shopping.  I got a quote from a local guy, but sadly he can't even come close to what is on sale at Staples... and while I would rather support local, I can't do it when it means nearly doubling the price and not even getting as much.  So off to the big box I will have to go, at least this time around.

Hubby is keeping busy... he's been here for quite a while now with no trips scheduled so we're hoping he gets something soon.  Which is not to say that I want to get rid of him, of course.  LOL   He likes getting the experience, and the bank likes getting the extra pay... I won't say that the kids like it, but so far they've done all right with the trips he's had.  Next week he gets to go on a little one just to help out with stuff for an exercise.  Nothing big, but he will at least get to see some of the western US for a few days.  After that, I don't know what else might be in the works or for when - it's a take-it-as-it-comes kind of lifestyle.

We didn't get a whole lot done today, but I did get up to the MFRC and drop off my paperwork to register as a volunteer for when they do up care packages, or welcome packs for people moving here, that kind of stuff.  Things the kids can help out with a bit, too.  It'll be nice to get out and give a hand here and there when I am able to.  I also signed up for a woodcraft night coming up the end of this month :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment