Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to me...

Okay so it's not my birthday but hey, so what? LOL I told hubby today that he's off the hook for my birthday as I bought a new fridge and stove today. Gotta love the credit plan at the Canex, the payments are spread out and divided evenly as payroll deduction with six months' no payments, no interest over 24 months, and since we're in Alberta, there is only 5% sales tax on it. I just bid farewell to our old appliances - they were given to us for free, so I passed them on for free - and I'm awaiting delivery of the new ones. I hired someone to deliver them for me, saving the hassle of trying to find people who could do it during the excessively limited hours of our Canex store. I went with Samsung, which is a first for me. Being as I was doing it through the Canex I couldn't do my normal procedure of shopping around, comparing brands, reading reviews, etc, as their selection is rather limited. So I went to the store, looked at the available models and went with the fridge I liked the most and the stove I liked second best. (The one I liked the BEST was a new induction range... but that alone would cost as much as these two together, so.... no.) I'm just hoping that the delivery comes soon, because I'm sitting here watching thunderclouds forming and rolling in, and seeing yet another "Severe Thunderstorm Watch" posted on the Weather Network... and I have to think that if it's thundering, raining and/or hailing, he may prefer to wait until tomorrow to make the delivery. Which is fine, but it sure would be nice to have it today.

Tanner seems to be settling into his new home just fine. Last night he and the girls both slept nearly 11 hours - no complaints from me! I had him out to potty at just past 8 last night, and then C took him out this morning around 7:30, and he was fine all night. I guess this is part of the benefit of getting an older dog rather than a puppy! I have to think he's feeling the heat, though, with such a thick coat. I gave him a good brushing yesterday and a lot of undercoat fur came loose. I suspect I'll do that a few times a week. In a few weeks when hubby comes home for leave, the plan is to bring him to a kennel to spend the night and have him groomed at the same time, ie nails, teeth, and a bit of a haircut. Nothing too drastic, just some trimming around his paws, underneath, and the fur that's long enough to be dragging. He is pretty just the way he is, but I think some tidying up will help with cleanliness. I've seen no skittishness so far about the kids, the neighbors or their dogs, or the fighter jets overhead.  (Hopefully that is also true about thunder and other loud things!!) He did bark when people came to the door, but stopped quickly, and that is what I would hope for, so that's all good. So I have to say that so far, this seems like it will prove to be a good match. The big question will be how well he accepts hubby when he gets home, but I don't think it will be too catastrophic. I'm not letting him sleep on my bed or anything like that, and I'm doing my best to make sure he knows that I am the boss, not him.

No comments:

Post a Comment