Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010

Today is the first day of school here in Alberta, so I thought it fitting to do a project. I'm not really planning to go full-speed with school til later in the month, but it's good to go for appearances, right? ;)

So today we went for a nature walk and collected leaves and other signs of the approaching Autumn season. Now, I have to admit that Alberta has got nothing on Nova Scotia for foliage. It's actually a pretty sad little show. But with enough persistence we did manage to find an assortment of shades to create our poster, entitled "The Colours of Fall". (See how I even made the extra effort to use the Canadian spelling there?)


Then we moved on to some coloring, cutting and pasting. I am attempting to strike a balance between C's need for K/Grade One challenges and A's beginning skills at the early pre-K level. So some things, like this project, fall right square in between the two:

No comments:

Post a Comment