Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011

Pardon the cruddy pictures...  my SD card failed so I'm using the kids' camera until I get a new card later on... ask me how thrilled I was to NOT be able to take a real camera to the Watoto concert last night.  :o(


Math : Adding up coin values.  She does great with pennies, nickels and dimes but needs some coaching through how to add up quarters.  Although I suppose this is a rudimentary introduction to fractions, eh?

Phonics - This is seriously "easy peasy" work for her, but I'm seeing her through the book anyway because I want to make sure she doesn't have any holes in her phonics comprehension.


History.  No, I don't expect her to remember any of this particular chapter, we're just reading it and doing the worksheets together.  I think most people are in their 20s before they can remember things like Semites, Berbers, Egyptian, Indo-Europeans and keep them straight... if then... 


Geography: Today we got our passports for Expedition Earth, and ordered a slew of books from the library. On Monday we start with China.


In our Bible reading we're just finished with the building of the Tabernacle and the Israelites are journeying through the wilderness.  We're reading through the One Year Bible for Children ... it's pretty good as an introduction and study, but it's not a "real" Bible.  I like how it's broken down by date so you just turn to today's date and start reading wherever that is.

We're also reading one story each day out of Leading Little Ones to God: A Child's Book of Bible Teachings, which is a very nice book - simple stories with huge truths in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment