Tuesday, November 9, 2010

He's home!

Well, it's official now. Our 2010 deployment is over and done. Hubby got home on Saturday and we are very much enjoying having him home with us!! I have a little to-do list that we need to get going with pretty soon but the first few days are just time to enjoy having him back and for him to try to sleep off some major jet lag. We're getting there with that one.

The challenge for the next little while will be to keep the kids on some semblance of a schedule for school and stuff while still making plenty of room to enjoy some time with Daddy!

Something interesting I have noticed... maybe it's normal, maybe not.... the whole time he was away I didn't cry. I am perhaps a little too good at swallowing emotion but it is something I do in order to keep things on an even keel. But once he was home, Saturday, Saturday night, off and on through Sunday, tears were there. They didn't come out but just kind of welled up and made me feel a little choked. I guess my subconscious knows now that I can let go and there's someone else here who will catch me... and just knowing that is a huge relief. I missed having my other half around, and I'm awfully glad to have him here again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment